Because work is neverending fun lately, I bought a rolling desk that I can use while sitting on the couch so I can get away from the computer office area and enjoy TV with Larry a little bit. But seriously, enough of this already. Although, it is a pretty well-made thing and does the job well.
Back to work after all those wonderful days off…it’s only fair, but man, it was brutal. I do love that PwC shuts the hell down for that week. I learned today that Sony does the same thing. I would love to shout out why didn’t NBC do that, but I know full well that the TV game doesn’t ever really stop. Summer being a dead zone full of reruns went away what feels like decades ago!
I would LOVE if the new Twin Peaks revival premieres on my wedding date.
Also, this documentary that was made just this past year and premieres this weekend on HBO about the life of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds? Looks AMAZING. And I imagine my eyes will be filled with tears for the majority of it.
It’s still hard to believe the situation around their deaths.
This year, 2016, has just been a shitshow. Giant Asterisk, of course: Getting married and going on our honeymoon in September was pretty sweet. But other than that, it’s hard to look fondly at 2016. And here I am having the last weekend of my thirties and while I’m not considering jumping out of a window it still is kind of like a big WTF. How did we get from this:
The 10 years in between have gone by like crazy. Is it really possible that I ended up living in NYC and New Jersey for a stretch, met the love of my life, and then ended up back in Los Angeles? That all really happened, didn’t it? I guess it did, and this here website kind of showed all those details too. Still blows my mind though. And maybe those 10 years didn’t exactly go by in the blink of an eye, but now that I’m at the precipice of 40? Sometimes it feels like it. 40 is the new 30, though, so it’s all good. Continue reading Last Weekend in my Thirties
It’s been a week, that’s for sure! Let’s do this bullet-point style:
- Work was pretty busy this week. Had a NYC contingent come out and we’re doing so much advance preparation work that I am starting to dread just what the actual work-work will be like when it’s finally time for that to occur. Good thing about them coming out is that we will have team dinners, so that’s kind of cool and fun.
- Worst part of the week? Getting rear-ended on my drive into work on Wednesday morning. Added fun was that I also had a coworker in the car with me as we were carpooling to the client site. Even better? There was absolutely nothing I did to contribute to this incident. Basically, while we were all waiting on Los Feliz Blvd approaching the 5 freeway, and while I was literally stopped in traffic, the new Uber driver behind me was busy looking to see if there were any fares and apparently missed the fact everyone was stopped. My car helped out in that regard, it seems. It was quite a slam, and happily the seat belts kept us firmly in our seat, but we got slammed into the seats due to the force of the impact. I had expected to see my rear bumper on the ground, but Mazda makes a pretty solid car, and I think the fact it was a solid bumper-to-bumper hit helped a lot. But his license plate frame is firmly indented in my bumper. He kept repeating that it was his first day as Uber driver, to which I asked if this was his first day driving too? Probably a good thing I didn’t get my ass kicked after that, and the guy really wasn’t a bad guy about it. But still, not a great way for the hump day to go. Add to that that while I’m feeling quite achy, my coworker seems to have gotten whiplash-y feelings in his neck area, so that’s good times.
- Next week I might get to be on a jury! yayyyyyyyy…… here’s hoping I don’t.
- We saw ‘Masterminds’ last weekend – funny, but stupid. Love the cast though, as they always make me laugh.
- Celebrated Sveta’s 40th birthday during brunch this past Sunday, and it was just such a good time with epic friends. Guess I’m under 30 days now till my big day. YAY.
- Got way more pics to post from the honeymoon – which btw seems like such a long time ago now. 🙁 Lots of work to go through all the pictures, but I do love doing it as it really is fun to review and since I take pictures of nearly everything, it’s quite a great record of all the activities we did. Next up is our champagne tour in France….so cool.
- Lots of TV returned, didn’t it? We’ve been watching the latest season of American Horror Story, Survivor, and….well, there’s other TV too, but I’m spacing out. We finally caught up on My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and that is just the best show. So good.
- Larry sent me the following Instagram feeds of seriously hot doctors that for some reason have to do with his work. Somehow I love it but also want to know just why this has to do with work? 😉 (Spoiler: I don’t care and am just jealous)
- Alright, I guess I’m done talking about stuff? Here are some pictures I took from two weekends ago when we had another PwC beach day. I ended up making really good burger patties – ask anyone. 🙂