Although I didn’t have much luck the first time around taking the test, tonight was a different story entirely! I took a different tack to studying and focused almost extensively on the Crosswinds study guide and test questions, and man, that made a difference. It was extremely stressful to press that End Test button after finishing those 200 questions over the course of 3 hours and 40 minutes. Yet I got my Pass and it was something nice to happen to continue this week’s trend. With no further ado:
Spent today staying indoors and away from the ridiculous October heat. Â Successful!
- Continued my studies for the PMP exam…my re-test is this upcoming Tuesday. Â I’ve approached the studying a bit different especially knowing now what those 200 questions were like, first-hand. Â Recognizing those things I was weak on and working better to memorize or distinguish those things. Â I feel much better about my chances of passing.
- Random update: Â I had a food allergy attack yesterday, the first significant one I’ve had since that disastrous night having dinner with our neighbors last year. Â We went out for Indian food for lunch at work yesterday, and I didn’t order anything that triggers any kind of warning bells in my head: Â chicken tikka masala, white rice, and naan. Â There was a Mulligatawany soup as an appetizer which I also had. Â I’m figuring that perhaps some kind of nut had been ground up and put in the masala sauce? Â Regardless, my first symptom was my bottom lip totally swelled up. Â We got back to the office and that’s when my right eyelid swelled up. Â Then I got hives on my neck and upper chest area as well as my armpits and finally my eye are just puffed out entirely. Â GOOD TIMES. Â Nicki thankfully went and got me some Benadryl as I stupidly let my supply run out. Â IÂ did have my Epi-Pen on me, but as my throat was NOT closing up, I decided not to use it. Â So I drank a ton of water and took 2 Benadryl and I could feel my lip swelling going down, but the other stuff was just staying put. Â I finally just decided to go home. Â Back there, I laid peacefully on the chaise part of the sofa and read my book, eventually passing the fuck out. Â I woke up and was all better. Â UGH. Â I still can’t tell what was the trigger.
- I’m readingÂ Gone Girl, the novel, on my Kindle before going to see the movie. Â It’s a fascinating read. Â You get presented with certain facets of the story of a wife who has gone missing and the husband is super suspicious, and then about halfway through, everything changes. Â Very interested to see how the movie plays out, but I have to say that the casting of Ben Affleck as Nick is perfect; Â Rosamund Pike is also pretty spot-on for Amy.
- Stupid Diablo III….I’m addicted. Â After upgrading my power supply in my PC, it runs perfectly and I’m just loving playing it. Â I’ve also been playing Dishonored as I had intended, and that’s a ridiculously fun game too.
- Larry & I watchedÂ Alien last night – I wanted to rewatch it as there’s an Alien videogame coming out soon that takes place between it andÂ Aliens and I realized I hadn’t seen the first one in a really long time. Â It’s a super spooky and fun space horror movie, that’s for sure.
- Twin Peaks!!! Â The word is that on Monday, the reveal will occur of what is actually happening… Please let it be a concluding set of episodes with the rescue of Dale Cooper. Â PLEASE!!!
Stupid PMP test. Didn’t pass it. Ah well. I signed up to re-take it in early October. I’ll get you then, my pretty. Other shit is still shitty, and days like today and yesterday were hard, but we all have shit in our lives, so I won’t pretend I’m a special snowflake. But I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, MOTHERFUCKERS. The following songs helped put a smile on my face or at least helped me to think more positively about things, so I felt like sharing them here.
Madonna’s “Let It Will Be”
Janelle Monáe’s “Tightrope”
The PMP Certification test has been the focus of my life for the past 3 days. Â Nicki and I took a boot camp course aboutÂ 2 months ago, set up the test last month but couldn’t get a date until tomorrow. Â So now it’s been a lot of studying. Â My head is full of useless facts I’m likely going to dump at about 12 Noon tomorrow – as long as I pass. Â It’s going to be a tricky test with questions that have lots of ‘sorta good’ answers but not the right one. Â So wish me luck. Â Then when I pass, I’ll make sure to play 50 Cent’s “PIMP” song.