YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Plus, it arrived while I was playing the original Twin Peaks soundtrack. Kismet.
While I await the arrival of my copy of Mark Frost’s book titled “The Secret History of Twin Peaks,” which was published today, Showtime also happily released a new “trailer” for the upcoming third series, with a lot of welcome familiar faces and some new ones (Jim Belushi? interesting to see who he plays)…and a lack of some others I know we’d all have liked to have seen, such as Sheryl Lee in some form or another…. 2017: Get here, please. 2016 is getting old and I’m OVER IT.
One of these days my log will have a lot to say.
Someone put together the official LEGO Death Star construction kit and made a simply fantastic time-lapse video of it – what’s kind of cool is it’s not like a blocky-transition video, everything is very smooth. Plus, as each room gets completed, a demonstration of what the room does as well as corresponding audio cues from the movies can be heard. SO. COOL.
Still working on the next pictures post from Europe. I got distracted this weekend by wanting to get out of the house….and also playing Anno 1404 like it was crack. That game is a fun combination of city-building and renaissance themes much the same way Tropico 4 was….which means it’s eminently playable and addicting. We also went out and saw The Girl on the Train and it was absolute garbage. Okay, “absolute” is too strong a word, but it was such a waste of time and money. Talk about a bad way of telling a story. Recommendation: PASS. And then of course we had the second presidential debate yesterday evening and jesus, what a shit show. It’s clear Donald Trump knows how to play to his base but once you get past the 90s-based attacks and listen to his word salad, it is just shocking he became the nominee for the GOP. I’m still happily voting for Hillary Clinton and I love that he said we’d be getting a 3rd Obama term with her! I WISH!
It’s been a week, that’s for sure! Let’s do this bullet-point style:
- Work was pretty busy this week. Had a NYC contingent come out and we’re doing so much advance preparation work that I am starting to dread just what the actual work-work will be like when it’s finally time for that to occur. Good thing about them coming out is that we will have team dinners, so that’s kind of cool and fun.
- Worst part of the week? Getting rear-ended on my drive into work on Wednesday morning. Added fun was that I also had a coworker in the car with me as we were carpooling to the client site. Even better? There was absolutely nothing I did to contribute to this incident. Basically, while we were all waiting on Los Feliz Blvd approaching the 5 freeway, and while I was literally stopped in traffic, the new Uber driver behind me was busy looking to see if there were any fares and apparently missed the fact everyone was stopped. My car helped out in that regard, it seems. It was quite a slam, and happily the seat belts kept us firmly in our seat, but we got slammed into the seats due to the force of the impact. I had expected to see my rear bumper on the ground, but Mazda makes a pretty solid car, and I think the fact it was a solid bumper-to-bumper hit helped a lot. But his license plate frame is firmly indented in my bumper. He kept repeating that it was his first day as Uber driver, to which I asked if this was his first day driving too? Probably a good thing I didn’t get my ass kicked after that, and the guy really wasn’t a bad guy about it. But still, not a great way for the hump day to go. Add to that that while I’m feeling quite achy, my coworker seems to have gotten whiplash-y feelings in his neck area, so that’s good times.
- Next week I might get to be on a jury! yayyyyyyyy…… here’s hoping I don’t.
- We saw ‘Masterminds’ last weekend – funny, but stupid. Love the cast though, as they always make me laugh.
- Celebrated Sveta’s 40th birthday during brunch this past Sunday, and it was just such a good time with epic friends. Guess I’m under 30 days now till my big day. YAY.
- Got way more pics to post from the honeymoon – which btw seems like such a long time ago now. 🙁 Lots of work to go through all the pictures, but I do love doing it as it really is fun to review and since I take pictures of nearly everything, it’s quite a great record of all the activities we did. Next up is our champagne tour in France….so cool.
- Lots of TV returned, didn’t it? We’ve been watching the latest season of American Horror Story, Survivor, and….well, there’s other TV too, but I’m spacing out. We finally caught up on My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and that is just the best show. So good.
- Larry sent me the following Instagram feeds of seriously hot doctors that for some reason have to do with his work. Somehow I love it but also want to know just why this has to do with work? 😉 (Spoiler: I don’t care and am just jealous)
- Alright, I guess I’m done talking about stuff? Here are some pictures I took from two weekends ago when we had another PwC beach day. I ended up making really good burger patties – ask anyone. 🙂
2016 09 24 – ARCA Afternoon at the Beach
The old gang reunited to have a hilarious 9 minutes about the upcoming election and it’s absolutely amazing. I miss this show so damn much…I think it needs to come back permanently as they’ve still all got it. Will, Grace, Karen & Jack?! Yes, please!
And oh yeah, Hillary, knock it out of the park tonight at the debates! Shouldn’t be hard considering the competition.